Thursday, December 3, 2009

What I Have Learned

Jackie Hand
Dr. Hughes
December 3, 2009
Language controversies has helped me in a number of ways. Through this class, I have learned to look at both sides of an argument before reaching a decision. Also, I now know that it is of great importance to recognize both sides of the argument when presenting my side. By recognizing both sides, I can make myself look intelligent and like I really have passion for the issue. This is because it will be evident that I have researched the topic in depth. Also, I have learned a lot about language. I never would have considered sign language as a completely different language, but I do now. I never knew of so many things that have gone on because of what someone speaks. I learned about the Native Americans as well as African Americans and so much more. The debating we did in class was also a help to me. Through that I believe I became a better reasearcher and presenter. This class has really helped to broaden my horizons in a sense that I am more knowledgeable about current as well as past issues. I am extremely pleased that I decided to take this course, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you Dr. Hughes for making learning fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment