Friday, December 4, 2009

A lot to Learn

Carmen Solis
Dr. Hughes

I never like been in an English class because it felt that I need it to put so much effort into writing and express myself in a professional way. I am not that good in neither of those. It has always taken me so much time to develop my own ideas. I have never been able to express what I believe and write it down in a paper in a formal way. But I have been able to conquer what it seem impossible for me thanks to this class. This class has helped me throughout the semester with my grammar and thoughts. I learned how to write formal and express my ideas, but still I have some grammar problems. But I know that with time I am going to be able to fix that problem. My writing has taken a huge step from High School. Over there, they did not taught me how to argue nor do a research paper. But now I have developed a new understanding of what an essay has to be like. It does not need to be close-minded instead one should always encounter and have in mind both of the sides that way one writes a well-thought paper.
I know that I did not speak as much in this class and I need to do that. But I listened and respecting my classmates’ thoughts. It was very interesting how they argued and how everyone has a different opinion about a topic I wish I could have say what I was thinking. I learned many things while I was in the class; I learned about the Southern accent and Ebonics. Many people have different point of view between this two accents even though these two accents are kind of similar. I want to thank Dr. Hughes and my classmates for having teaching me a lot during this semester. I am going to work really hard to be able to reach where I want to be. Thank you, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment