Friday, December 4, 2009

Is It Over Yet?

Steven Holland
Engl 1101
Blog 9

Before taking this class, I had many problems with writing. I never really liked to write. This class made me want to write more and I really got into many of the topics. I have learned that the more I was interested in a topic, the more I could write about it. I also had a problem with procrastinating when I did not want to write. The problem is not completely gone, but it has been greatly reduced. I’ll work on that problem later… I have steadily improved my writing, even if it was a slow improvement. The class itself was fun and exciting and it made me want to come to class. The class discussion format made the class fun and interesting because there was never a dull moment because there was always an argument taking place. I also like the fact that the class discussion format forced everybody to participate so that the same two or three people were not the only ones participating every day. This class also made me realize that I need to consider and respect both sides of every argument before I place myself into an argument. Everybody has their own opinion and they are entitled to it. The same goes in an argument; everybody that is involved in the argument needs to understand everyone else’s side of the argument and respect their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment