Friday, December 4, 2009

THE END

Leila Shearon
Dr. Hughes
12.4.09
At the beginning of the semester I came into Dr. Hughes’ class unsure in many areas. I lacked in areas like commas, and works cited, and thesis statements. I was not confident in conversation about controversial subjects. I feel as though I have improved in many of these areas. Dr. Hughes beautifully educated the class and I on commas and thesis statements. She also expressed and helped us in correctly citing the works we used within our papers. I feel as though I have learned how to be more open minded. I have learned how to form an effective argument and the most effective way to present it. While we discussed controversial linguistic topics I learned how to take in account the opposing argument to form a better view on the whole aspect and issue. I am definitely more confident in my argumentative skill and writing skills. My grammar has also improved. I am more aware on the importance of standard grammar and linguistic rules. I am more educated on the linguistic controversies of the world. I enjoyed this class immensely. I was very skeptical of my freshman English class but, all my fears were extinguished as the semester continued. It has been a very educational and enjoyable experience. See, learning can be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment